11.3.12

Little Latin holiday

Machito and his Orchestra — Irving Berlin in Latin America (1959)
Hello again! I do realise it's been quite a while since my last post. Where have I been? Nowhere, I was just busy and then I broke my foot last month. FACEBOOK BROKE MY FOOT, to be more precise. Since I was practically house-ridden the whole time that probably would have been a perfect time to post more covers, but I didn't really feel like it. I preferred to watch TV online and make origami stuff.

So today we have Machito and his Orchestra. I just love this album. I found it for $2 it in an Op-shop many months ago. I just had to look at it to know it would sound totally kick-ass. The only thing wrong with it was that a small grand-child perhaps scribbled all over the back cover with a blue pen. But anyway, if you ever happen to find anything by Machito and his Orchestra BUY IT!!! That is if you like 50s Latin music of course!

This track is a lovely Latin version of "Blue Skies". It's a pretty song and I really like the Doris Day version too.

No comments:

Post a Comment